Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Aunt Jey (AJ) saves the day!

Aunt Jey (AJ)


He loves to cuddle his little doggy now when he sleeps!

Our sweet little Jonas had a rough few weeks with his tummy. After I quit nursing, he was constantly fussy, waking up out of naps crying, restless, just not a happy little guy. I was ready to pull my hair out-Matt and I didn't know what was wrong. My sister came into town, without her kids to help out-and she discovered the problem...in the poop! His poop had been a watery, green poop and she said that wasn't normal-since she has a couple of young kids of her own..so, we took the poopy diaper and Jonas into the pediatrician and had to change formulas...he is now on a special lactose free called Nutramigen. It is so--expensive, but it is so worth it to have our happy, calm, rested little Jonas back! Life is great now and we are so happy that Aunt Jey(AJ) took time away from her family to be with us and to help us diagnose!



Jonas is actually 10 weeks old today-it is hard to believe, he weighs about 11lbs, so he is growing and thriving. He smiles, coos, giggles etc., it is so much fun to see him developing his own personality.



I am enjoying my days with him and we are beginning to have a routine again, so now maybe I will have a bit more time to post more frequently!



Hope all is well with everyone!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's great!!! It's so hard to try and figure out what's wrong with them when they're that little. I remember having to do that with Jace. I tried and tried to nurse him and it never worked. I probably tried him on a dozen different formula's too. After the first 3 or 4 months his little tummy will used to things better and he'll be able to tolerate more. Have you tried putting a little cereal in his bottle? I know some people would flip out at doing that at 10 weeks but I did with both of mine. So glad to hear you're doing well.

Heather said...

I'm so glad things are looking up for y'all! He looks so big! I want to hug him - maybe someday!

Mittig family said...

What a smart sister you have! That's great that y'all got everything figured out and now Jonas is feeling better. I'm sorry I never e-mailed you back this week--I want to catch up with you some more! Jonas is just precious!

rgarrett said...

SO happy for you that you figured out what was going on! There is so much joy with a newborn, now you can enjoy every second! Loved seeing you this week, you look fabulous! Give him a kiss for me.

Love,
Becca