Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Christmas in Mexico

This is the only pic I got of our Pool at the resort
Downtown Puerto at Pipi's-they had great Margaritas-huge!

My pregnant shot by the beach
The view from our room
Senor Frogs

All 21 of us!


Matt and I just got back from spending the week of Christmas in Puerto Vallarta with his family, there were 21 of us! We got to miss out on a few snow storms and cold weather in Denver while we were away and we actually could have stayed there for another month! We had an incredible time relaxing in the sun(getting so--tan!), having drinks by the pool, eating lots of chips, pico de gallo/guacamole and hanging out with the family. We stayed at a resort that had a huge pool with a lazy river and a wave pool, and it was warm enough for us to swim in it most of the days.

It was a bit different for me since I was pregnant, I didn't get to partake in some of the fun activities, such as the Canopy Tour, which is a series of ziplines through the jungle. However, I still had a fun time. We went shopping at the Malachon and got to eat at amazing authentic Puerto Vallarta restaurants. I really enjoyed being downtown in Puerto Vallarta and seeing the culture. I realized how spoiled we are as Americans, and how truly blessed we are to live in such a rich country. I am also thankful that I married into such an amazing family and can enjoy spending time will all of them. In saying that, I am also thankful for my family and did miss getting to spend the holidays with them.



I have to blog about one more very important Christmas gift, my sweet little nephew, Aidan Leo. He was born on December 20th. He is doing great, so is my sister. My neice is having a bit of a challenging time understanding why she doesn't get all the attention-I am sure that is normal and she will adjust in time!


Alright,that is it for now. We are going to work on the nursery this month, so I will post about that soon! Matt and I wish you all a Happy New Year!!

9 comments:

Amanda said...

Hey Mer! You look great and it looks like you had a fun time in Mexico! I can't wait to see pics of the nursery. Talk to you soon, love ya!

Natalie Church said...

You're finally back to blogging. I guess you have a good excuse since you were gone. I've been wondering how things are going! You look too cute. What a fun Christmas! Definitely post some nursery pics soon!

Mittig family said...

You look beautiful Meredith! Wow, time in Mexico sounds SO nice after just 2 days of cold weather here-I bet y'all were SERIOUSLY ready for some warm sunny days! I can't wait to see pics of the nursery-when are you due?

rgarrett said...

You look great! Can't wait to see you next week! Isn't Puerto vallarta wonderful?! And, your nephew is beautiful! Please tell his mama we are so happy all is well!

Love you!

Anonymous said...

You have the cutest preggo belly!! I love it! You were very smart to get that vacation in before the baby comes!

Kimberly said...

What a fun way to spend Christmas! Your all belly and look so cute!

Katie Land said...

Ohhh! What a great way to spend Christmas. I forgot you were going to do that. YOu look great too. You can tell you are prego now. I love the pic of you and Matt on the balcony. I want to hear about your nursery. Post pics of that. Glad you updated your blog. Keep it coming! Take care.

3 Burchams said...

HI,
I did a Google search for "Burcham blog" looking for our blog my wife created, and came up with a whole bunch of Burchams. Very interesting. Would like to know more about your side of the name. Please e-mail at MTBurcham@yahoo.com

oh yeah, I found our blog.

http://3burchams.blogspot.com/

Thanks,
Mark

Missy said...

You are too cute Mer!
Love ya
Missy