Sunday, August 26, 2007

CANADA!









A few weeks ago, Matt and I took a trip with his mom and dad to Alberta, Canada-Jasper and Banff. It is a beautiful country. I didn't know if it would be that different from our Rocky Mtns in Colorado, but it was. They have different shapes to their mtns..and they have more moisture. We did a lot of hiking. We went to the Athabasca Glacier and rode a snow cat on top of it, it was very beautiful and cold! We went hiking at Lake Louise and Lake Morraine-which are lakes nestled in the mountians that have a beautiful teal color to them that is a result of the run off from the glaciers. It was a quick trip, but we fit a lot in during the short time. It was also fun to just be with Matt's parents, considering when we are with his family we have to share them with about 12 other people!

5 comments:

Natalie Church said...

I'm glad ya'll had a good trip. You took some great pictures! It looks so pretty there! Miss you!

Mittig family said...

It looks like y'all had so much fun! It seems funny to see snow right now. Thanks for updating! Glad y'all are back safe and that you had a great time. Love ya-

Amanda said...

It looks like you guys had fun. How is everything going? I hope you are doing well! Talk to you soon! Love you! :)

Anonymous said...

Wow! Those pics are beautiful. I'm glad you had a great time in Canada. :)

the Whitelaws said...

It truly is a beautiful and amazing place! We went to those same places on our honeymoon.