I was so happy I got to visit with Amanda for awhile, I miss her tons and tons..I do wish I could have seen the other Nashville girls
Adams and Burcham..need I say more!
We made a trip down to Nashville and then drove to Kennett, MO this past weekend for Matt's grandaddy's funeral. It was a bittersweet trip..it was so wonderful to be able to spend time away from the hustle and bustle of life and get to be with family. We made some wonderful memories and all received some furniture from Vic's house for our own homes..it smells a bit musty..and ideas how to remove that? Anyways, it was the last time we would be at Vic's house..and I know that was hard for Matt..he had such wonderful memories of visiting there.. It just makes you feel as though you are saying goodbye to a part of your childhood. We also got to stay with Matt's Aunt and Uncle..Bev and Britt..whom we adore and have some quality time with them..we saw Mama and Papa and other aunts and uncles.
We also got to play with this huge dog..Bear..that Jonas loved!! He was such a trooper on our trip down..he did great! We also got to see one of my bestest friends from college..and our boys our 2 months apart and got to meet for the first time..friends forever! And..it was fun seeing Brent. I do wish I could have seen the other Nashville girls, but we weren't there very long..next time!
There is something comforting and more relaxing about the south..I love that our heritage is there and want to keep going back as long as we can...maybe someday we will move.. who knows..
No comments:
Post a Comment