I am 37 weeks and a few days and was put on bed rest. I went to my check up on Monday and my blood pressure was a bit high-so they did a bunch of labs to find out if I have preclampsia. The labs came back okay-but they want me on bed rest and monitoring my blood pressure. I could not believe it. I have had such an easy pregnancy and have been so active..and now Bed Rest--let me just tell you that I am not looking forward to bed rest-I like to be active. But, if it is best for me, then I will do it. It is kind of nice to have Matt waiting on me!!! And, I am sure I can use the sleep now!
Anyways, the little boy (whose name will be announced at birth) is doing just great! He was head down last week and this week he is butt down..so not cooperating too well this week. They went ahead and scheduled me for a c-section or induction-depending on his position for April 2..so it is such a great feeling to know the end is near. If he doesn't come earlier, then he will at least be here by then.
So, please keep me in your prayers for my blood pressure,for anxiety and for a healthy baby boy(and that he will flip around)-also keep Matty in your prayers as I know this is added stress for him too!
Thanks in advance for your prayers..I will keep you posted. Love you all!
10 comments:
April 2---that's not too far away at all! Take care of yourself and that precious baby and rest while you have the chance! I'll pray he flips around, but C-sections really aren't as scary as I thought they were before I had to have two of them. Keep us updated and take care! Love you!
Heeeey! I'm so sorry to hear that you're on bed rest. That would be really hard. I can't believe that a year ago I was as pregnant as you! Trip was due April 2 and came March 30. If you do end up having a C-sec, you can always try for a natural birth with baby #2 like I did with Trip. Anyway, glad to be back to blog world and I can't wait to see a post soon with pics of that little Baby Boy Burcham! Love-
Sorry to hear you are on bed rest. May be he'll come sooner than Apr. 2 so you can get outta that bed! : ) I'll be praying for an easy delivery for you and a healthy baby boy!
Oh I forgot to tell you, I had 2 C-sections, like Summer, and she's right, they really aren't that bad. So, whatever happens you don't have to worry.
Wow...bed rest...that is crazy. April 2 will be here in no time. Matt may never celebrate his own birthday again:) I hope and pray that everything goes well. Keep us posted!!
Hang in there, Mer. The BEST day of your life is close! love you and can't wait to meet the little boy!
Love,
Becca
Hang in there, Mer. The BEST day of your life is close! love you and can't wait to meet the little boy!
Love,
Becca
As frustrating as it is to sit still, enjoy the peace and quiet while you can! (As I'm writing this, Madeline's screaming and Braden is jumping around the living room in his Spiderman costume!)
Take care and rest up! Get your sleep while you can! Love you
Sorry to hear about the bed rest. We're praying for you and can't wait to see pics of that precious baby boy!
Post a Comment